Tuesday, May 12, 2009

More Everyday in May...


When I went to Williamsburg on Mother's day, the poppies were out in full bloom... I had a photo of my daughter in them, but decided to try a quick sketch with the watercolour crayons- practise for some later date to do on location. This is a lot looser than my usual style- but it was quite fun to do :)


This lone tree caught my eye as I waited for the ferry on Sunday. We did not stop in a good place for me to paint it from life, but I managed to get two photos to use as references- here is a colour pencil sketch :)

You can also catch some of my garden pictures (and the one of the ducklings) at my Garden Blog.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I especially like the landscape :-)
    Thanks for the info on the watercolor crayons - I'm going to look for those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and you are very welcome. I know there are other watercolour crayons out there- but these were in Michaels- with my money off coupon they were quite reasonable :)

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments, so please feel free to leave them or message me if you cannot!
I will try and reply as much as I am able :)

I have turned on word verification because I am getting spammed without it! You can always use the audio feature if you can't read the words.