|1948 Simplicity Blouse pattern and polka dot fabric.|
|Fabric, bias tape and the novelty buttons.|
|Grading book, Grading ruler and pattern.|
|Fully graded pattern|
|After shoulder and side seams, with pinned on collar.|
|Bound seams and hem.|
|Still have the fronts, sleeves and collar to finish.|
|Buttons added to front.|
|Everything but the sleeve hems!|
And a back view. Surprisingly, the seam binding helps give the sleeves a little shoulder structure- especially since I left out the shoulder pads. I had intended to make my own, but decided in the end to leave them out. I kind of like my blouse as it is!
There are a lot of side view photos of the blouse, because I apparently was unable to look directly into the sun for my photo!
While I am here, I thought it might be nice to take a peek at my sewing diary. I never know quite what to call these- notebooks, diaries, journals... but it is a handwritten record of the project.
I spent some time the other day trying to find other people's notebooks, and I pinned those I could find, but none were quite like mine.
Most of the time I record everything about the project on the blog, but that is not very convenient when I want to see something when I am sewing. So I decided to make a hard copy too. My notebook started out as a sketchbook, but I decided I didn't like that very much. It has no room to rearrange things!
Then I remembered the tiny 5" x 8" binders I had bought some time ago. I purchased some 5" x 8" index cards, and I was off.
|Sewing notebook, front view.|
|The Simplicity 1538 blouse project pages.|
|And the rest of the blouse project pages.|
|The 1930's 4th July dress.|
|4th July Dress completed project.|
I also have some pages of sketches and ideas there, but forgot to photograph those.
So there you have it, a quick view into my sewing notebook. I'm hoping I keep the habit up, because it is kind of fun having the resource at my fingertips!