Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Present

Some time ago, Ann Voskamp was posting little pictures from a book: Natural Science Through the Seasons: 100 Teaching Units.
The book is hard to get, and when you do find it, it is usually priced at over $100.  If you are lucky, you can get it at a thrift shop at a really cheap price.  But that is if you are lucky.
One enterprising blogger posted links to the calendars from every (school) month.  They are worth looking at- but they are not really in printable condition.
So I went to work.
Earlier this month, I made one for September.  On letter (A4) paper- which was not really big enough.  I drew the pictures by hand and switched it all around so the moon phases fell on OUR moon phases.  It was pretty, but not quite what I wanted.
So for October, I made a change.
I switched it up.  I made it bigger, transposed the dates, moved things around added some and deleted others.  And I put it in colour.


If you click it, you should be able to get a bigger version to print out.
This is closer to what I was looking for.  But not quite.  I ended up using my pastel pencils because I realized after I had done it, that india ink is water soluble and would ruin any colours I had :)
Feel free to print it out for you own personal use only.

11 comments:

  1. you have SO outdone yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I've been searching for this book to purchase. Fortunately, our library has it so I've been checking it out as often as possible. I added a few scanned & photo images several pages of March, April & Sept to my sidebar. You're welcome to make those in your lovely color formats too. I think the Sept ones are best in terms of my (weak)computer capabilities. I really wish the publisher would make this book available on Google Books or Project Gutenberg or some such thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both :)
    Ellen I completely agree! They could make a mint on e-books alone LOL
    I will certainly go take a look at your links- thank you :)
    I intend to make them up and mix things around some so hopefully I'll get more in the works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love this. I highly encourage you to make more. Absolutely beautiful and inspirational. Almost inspires me to try, but I don't think I have the artistic abilities you do. Thanks for sharing October.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, looking forward to using it with my girls this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful. You are very talented. I know this post was from a while ago but wanted to let you know that I found the book you mentioned at the bookdepository.com. It was published in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful. You were the inspiration for the January one I just made. http://wonderfilleddays.com/january-nature-day-day-calendar/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why thank you... And good job 😁

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments, so please feel free to leave them or message me if you cannot!
I will try and reply as much as I am able :)

I have turned on word verification because I am getting spammed without it! You can always use the audio feature if you can't read the words.