Monday, January 14, 2008

More sketching and Drawing

Apparently the bug has hit my family. Everytime I pick my pencil up, so does M'Lady. This morning, she even insisted I take a photo of HER drawing!

She tells me that the little ones are taking over. Whatever that might mean ;)

The first drawing of the weekend (Friday night) was my camera, sitting right there next to me while I drew.

It was my first Pigma Micron 01 sketch, and I vastly preferred the extra control it gave me. EDM #32, draw something metal.

The next day, I decided to draw our rocking chair. It has rocked at least three, if not four generations of the family... just not all in a straight line ;) Or as babies :D I really liked the way the arms and legs came out, but I messed the back up when someone interrupted my train of thought as I drew. This too was with the Pigma 01 (I think that is 0.25mm but I am not sure!) and coloured with the Prismacolor. I wanted to add the colours then and there, but would have liked to use watercolours. EDM #30, draw a chair.


Finally I drew my view as I watched Jane Austen's Persuasion. I did NOT draw during the show, but rather AFTER the show! My book hid my other foot ;) Another Pigma 01 picture. I am determined to get pen sketches down. I need to work on the shading aspect now...
EDM #23, draw your foot.

4 comments:

  1. You're doing a great job! Did you really enjoy art in school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I FINALLY started sketching again. I penciled my 5yo's sneaker. I'll post it soon, have to take it off the camera. :o)
    You're artwork is getting very strong very quickly. I can see a difference just from the first drawings you made. Isn't it amazing how that happens? Our talents never leave us, do they?
    Peace and Laughter,
    Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see it :)

    And absolutely regarding the talents. Often it is just a case of a little practise :) I was amazed when I managed to do the foot with just a few strokes. I had to prevent myself from ADDING to the drawing ;)

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments, so please feel free to leave them or message me if you cannot!
I will try and reply as much as I am able :)

I have turned on word verification because I am getting spammed without it! You can always use the audio feature if you can't read the words.