Thursday, September 10, 2009

Challenge Time!

Since the Virtual Sketch Date has closed it's doors, a new virtual sketchblog has started up, thanks to Jennifer Rose :) I caught it just in time and now have my first sketchblog entry for September!I chose the peacock because I like them lol and because Glamis (pronounced Glahms) castle made me want to be too fussy ;)
After that, I was feeling pretty good and so did this week's EDM Challenge while I was at it!

First time I did that on time in a while! This is my favourite Faber-Castel graphite pencil- sitting on the tablecloth (which you can also see in the old aubergine painting further down). Drawn with another pencil and my prismacolours lol.

13 comments:

  1. The pencil was well done, and I really loved the bird

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done! Very soft tones and nice watery and fresh feel of the peacock, strong and embossing on the pencil. This is like killing 2 birds with 1 stone post I guess :) by nailing a peacock and a pencil

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a fantastic job with these challenges! The peacock is beautifully painted! Now I was just a little intimidated by that bird and thought the castle was easier LOL! Love your pencil drawing too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Alex :) That is the true beauty of my handmade book- the different paper forces me to try different media- which makes life more fun ;)
    Raena- thank you :)
    Ann- thanks! I thought the peacock was easier lol- the stonework of the dovecote was intimidating ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely sketches - I hope you don't mind me saying, but I think your work is coming on in leaps and bounds! A bit cheekly of me, I know, but these are really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks marancat! I don't mind at all- in fact I like the idea that someone else sees it too :) I loved looking at some of last year's work and realising just how much I have imrpoved :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice, I like how you captured the light on the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll say it again! Love the light in the peacock, and that's the cutest pencil ever!
    Your peacock inspired me to go ahead and draw him, too. Thnx!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rachel, the peacock is AWESOME! The styles you chose for the bird and pencil are so different and you handle them so wonderfully, cheers to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh very nice :) really like how the neck feathers look

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments, so please feel free to leave them or message me if you cannot!
I will try and reply as much as I am able :)

I have turned on word verification because I am getting spammed without it! You can always use the audio feature if you can't read the words.