Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Yarn Along

Oh this one looks like fun! Ginny at Small Things is hosting regular Yarn Alongs... and I figured I'd participate :)

Here is what I am doing:


Three current books to read- Harmony by His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales, Creative Time and Space by Rice Freeman-Zachery and Bayou Moon by Ilona Andrews. The first is HRH's argument for how we should live our lives in harmony with nature, the second is about creating creative time and the third is an Urban Fantasy novel :) I love Ilona Andrews ;)
Now for the knitting- the green is part of a secret Christmas decoration idea I am working on. The pink is a lovely matinee coat I am knitting for a friend's little girl :) That's my own design so I hope it works LOL

I have finished a whole lot of knitted things recently, so I'll post some pics of those.
And I wanted to clarify a couple of things about our trip to England- the photos of the wedding were from the fabulous wedding photographer NOT me ;) And I pinched one or two of DH's pictures too!

Back to the knitting:

Henry. I made him up without a pattern, for my nephew.

There are two hats I made I can't show because of family. You can catch them on Ravelry though...



Both sides of a mitten I designed. Alas, it is too small for the intended recipient, so I'll set it aside to add to my store later ;)

7 comments:

  1. Henry is precious and I can't believe you did that without a pattern, impressive!
    I love the pink yarn in the top picture, it look similiar to what I'm working with right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admit, I am impressed with myself that I figured out HOW to make Henry LOL
    The yarn DOES look a lot like yours.. mine is a soft, washable (THAT was the deciding factor LOL) acrylic...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, your elephant is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That elephant is just perfect. He has just the right expression! You should write down what you did, quick! You could sell that pattern...you could sell it to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word ... that elephant melts me.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments, so please feel free to leave them or message me if you cannot!
I will try and reply as much as I am able :)

I have turned on word verification because I am getting spammed without it! You can always use the audio feature if you can't read the words.