Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Last Few Days in February

There is more art here- I just hadn't gotten around to posting it up on my blog (although I have managed to get it onto Flickr ;)

In keeping with my new resolution to focus on pencils, I bought myself a 36 pencil set of the new formula Derwent Watercolour Pencils. Watercolour pencils enthrall me- I love the IDEA of them, but am never quite certain how to carry it through. I am hoping to figure out how to get the colours beautifully rich ;)

As with all my new toys- I tried them out, creating the colour chart below. These are all the colours in the 36 count tin.

I added some water to the right side so you can see how they look- as usual the greens really don't scan well. I'll have to see if I can photograph them...

I love the colour of this drink- which is why I drew it. I loved the pink giving a real sunrise feel to it, but it did rather detract from the gorgeous drink colour. Never mind, I more or less caught the colour of it ;)

Another birthday- this time my Dad's :) So I drew up a card for him- and barely remembered to take a photo just as we were leaving to mail it... so that is why the picture quality is so bad. it did a great job on the colour though...

I blogged more about these on my nature blog... the moon pillar here and the garden stuff here :)


All three of these are experiments with the new watercolour pencils. I admit, they definitely lay colour down better than the original Derwent Watercolours... more experiments to come :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love the moon one the best. The way you did the darkness was lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments, so please feel free to leave them or message me if you cannot!
I will try and reply as much as I am able :)

I have turned on word verification because I am getting spammed without it! You can always use the audio feature if you can't read the words.